Welcome to AngelStar Haven!

Twinkle twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are
If you want to cry or sigh
Don't forget to just drop by
If you ever stray afar
there is always Angelstar :)

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Stories about admin

LaydieBug has been blogging about a Retro and weird admin she has in her office....
Coincidentally, I do have stories about my admin as well; for a long time...I just didn't want to seem like I am gossiping...(no offense LaydieBug, you are not gossiping).
Just that I never like to be judgmental...to me, it's just their own private and personal matters.

Okay, our department has 3 admins and this is one of them.
She came in about 2 years ago and it seemed that she was really unpopular until today....
I have heard every single person in the department complain about her and snort or grunt when they hear her name mentioned (no exaggeration).
She is not really organized and her coordination skills were so-so...she has been making a mess of most of her work...
There are even managers who were so mad at her....frustration and annoyance...
And furthermore, she can be quite impolite sometimes when talking to you especially when you are not a manager (quoted from my supervisor)
Furthermore, whenever you ask her for stuffs, she will always tell you that she is busy....
Sighs...and the list goes on.....

Anyway, yesterday during the fire drill, I overheard again, some people making fun of her and also chatty conversations; revolving her name...
She was on MC yesterday and everyone was saying that she's on MC every week; especially on Mondays. And she always works from home ....bla bla bla...
To me, sometimes it sound a little mean....
I am not being Miss Nice here...I have also had the bad side of her before....:(

All I can say is, perhaps she does have health problems...
I have heard that previously her mom and her son were both facing health problems; then her mom passed away early this year and then her son was often admitted to the hospital; which justifies her reason that she is often working from home.
Secondly, I think as a mother, she must be worried sick about her son's health and that must have affected her own health; thus explains her frequent Medical leaves....

I believe her own attitude towards people may have spurred the spite against her...
But whatever it is, I just know that it is not right to judge people if you do not want to be judged...I am sure that everyone has had those days when it's personal and you can't tell people about it....
Yesterday during the fire drill, even one of my colleagues, was making fun of her when the emergency team announced that we need to do a head count check to check for any missing colleagues and my colleague (putting on an act) went berserk and looked around frantically...
Where is *she*? Where is our admin?
Then everyone threw back their heads and laughed and then someone mentioned, on medical leave mar...
Then he heaved a loud sigh of relief " I am so glad to hear that she's safe"

Then some said...
I am going to work from home tomorrow boss
Why?
My wife is sick, I need to take care of her

All sorts of stuffs.....

Anyway, I have really had those bad days from her; that sharp side of her tongue which sometimes can really make one cry....when all I did was ask her a simple question politely and she can snap back through those nasty emails, making it seem that I was prying into her work....:(
Really bad experiences.....
There was this once, she was like sending out an email to our organizing committee to ask about the presenter to Kulim for the departmental general meeting....and she kept asking our President whether there will be rep from our group to present...
Our President replied her and since it was a norm for chain mails and everyone sort of replied her, I also replied by saying that she can just get any rep from the team and in the meantime, just put the presenter's name as the team's name first.
Then my President sent her another reply to tell her that she will send XX to Kulim to present
And my admin shot back an email to me, with those people on the list
Next time, please check before saying anything.
Do not tell me what to do...

I was ^o^, and being the usual worrywart me, I thought I have offended her and I sent her an apology email
And this was her reply,
This time I will forgive you and forget about it. But sometimes words said cannot be taken back.
Never mind, it's ok.

Wow....suddenly it seemed like I have committed a crime!! :-(

Then in a recent incident, she sent out another email and mentioned that there is a list of people to collect the souvenirs from the company's Cooperation if they were a member and the list of members will be published soon.
Then a second email mentioned that some had already collected their stuffs...
So I was not sure whether I was a member as I thought sometimes this can be default...so I sent her a simple and short email asking how do I check whether I am a member
She replied...
They need to check themselves whether they are members or not; I do not go around tracking everything; who is member and who is not as I am very busy.
I thought my email is clear enough that only members; is there anything unclear in my email?

Oooops....I happened to mention about the Coop membership to other colleagues and they also said they weren't sure whether they are members and then one suggested that we should check with admin and after telling them my experience, my good friend Ken said, better check with our boss....
Yea....
At least our bosses do not scold us if we ask...
Ya......

Anyway, nothing serious lar....just some stories to share since LaydieBug has been going on about her Retro Colleague....
My story...just nothing but a bunch of blabber...hehe, I still do not find myself angered; only the first incident was a bit hurtful...but I still sympathize with her situation and I pray for her son's speedy recovery as well...
God bless!~

Angel