Welcome to AngelStar Haven!

Twinkle twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are
If you want to cry or sigh
Don't forget to just drop by
If you ever stray afar
there is always Angelstar :)

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Happy Dumpling Festival!!

Hehe...just on the right track...recently posted on the dumplings sold in Penang and now is the time for an official festival period, which is celebrated each year on the 5th day of the 5th month in the lunar calendar...yeah, none other than the famous 'Dumpling Festival' or more familiarly known as the 'Tuen Ng' among the local chinese folk.
I guess most of the websites, papers and blogs have gone into details on how this festival came about and pretty interesting to read about it in case you are still in the dark on the origins of the much-celebrated occasion. At the same time, another interesting bit is that in Penang, it is also the time of the Dragonboat festival if I'm not mistaken, or so I heard from some of my friends who are Penangites...correct me if I am wrong.
Alright, facts aside, wish everyone a Happy Dumpling Festival which will be two days from now...enjoy your feast;)

P.S: I am not a fan of dumplings at all...hahaha...in fact, I do not know why, I dislike most of the festive food and I just dote on the uniqueness and cultural origins of the festival...I know, that's the odd me..but hey, everyone is different, right:p

Angel