Welcome to AngelStar Haven!

Twinkle twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are
If you want to cry or sigh
Don't forget to just drop by
If you ever stray afar
there is always Angelstar :)

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Chap Goh Meh!

Hey...
I know,Chinese New Year's officially over....the festive celebration period itself only....since we have already ushered and welcomed the year of the Rooster into our lives....we are in fact, in the year of the Rooster now....the New Year period...hahaha...my logic:)
Haven't done much of a posting for the past few days...been hot and also,been trying to keep up with some assignments and project rushing since I've been pretty laid back....and also kinda in the festive mood(*wink).
I was back for a reunion dinner on Chap Goh Meh(the 15th day of CNY in Hokkien) which also marks the last day of the festive celebration itself. Also known as "Yuan Xiao" which, in literal translation, according to some sources, means a finish to a cycle.....and also a union...some say that a reunion or gathering of family as on CNY's eve is also part of the tradition...I'm not too sure on this but nevertheless, a reunion is always great...(for me,at least!), so it doesn't matter whether it's pure tradition or not....as my dad always says: "A family that eats together stays together"....which I found to be true...you don't need to have festivals to eat together..you can meet and make an effort to have meals with your families everyday if you can make it..of course, unless you are working abroad or perhaps studying in another place away from home..that's inevitable.
Oh ya...I've taken some pics of the dishes mom cooked for the Chap Goh Meh dinner....gosh,I totally missed my dearest mom's cooking.....yeah,she hasn't cooked for a while...so,she decided to whip up a simple meal on the last day of CNY and we had a great fill....the pics are there to give you guys an insight on our "simple" family meal....hehehe

Angel