Welcome to AngelStar Haven!

Twinkle twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are
If you want to cry or sigh
Don't forget to just drop by
If you ever stray afar
there is always Angelstar :)

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Friday the 13th!!~

Whoa...in case anyone of you didn't notice, today's actually Friday the 13th...hehe
The last round I missed it and I was like saying to myself and my friend, hey, how could I not realize it was Friday the 13th!!
I was like working through the day and then at the end of the day, only I realize that it was the 13th!
Not that it matters but I just couldn't believe that I didn't even realize.....sighs.....work can be so dangerous to your mental health sometimes:p

Anyway, it's not really a big deal but it is a superstition in the West about this number 13; that it's an unlucky number and a bad omen....
They try to avoid number 13 as much as Chinese tries to avoid the number 4.....it's just that...there's origins of the story why they do that....
There's no 13th floor, room13, no one wants to wed on Fridays, etc and Friday the 13th is deemed the most unlucky day....due the fact that before the 20th century, the number 13 was considered unlucky and Friday itself is an unlucky day.
In fact, there were not really a lot of findings on why they were deemed unlucky; I will post more findings on this in my mystic blog soon...
But just a few bites for thought (sources from Wikipedia):
1. Lake Storm "Aphid", an out-of-season snowstorm that decimated the Buffalo, New York area took place on Friday, October 13, 2006.
2. The asteroid 99942 Apophis will make its close encounter on Friday, April 13, 2029.
3. Hurricane Charley made landfall in Florida on Friday, August 13, 2004.
4. Several tornadoes touched down in north Texas on Friday, April 13, 2007
5. Super Typhoon Man-yi passing very close to the tiny island of Okinawa, Japan on Friday, July 13, 2007

Haha....however, for Chinese 13 is deemed a lucky number; especially when pronounced...it means "alive everyday"....
Anyway, whatever it is, I believe it's all in the mind.....the more phobic you get, your mind plays mental games and that's where hallucinations and imaginations come in.....so, just stay put...and enjoy everyday to the fullest :)

Happy Friday the 13th!~
*I wonder whether it's any coincidence that it's cloudy this morning?:p*

Angel