Welcome to AngelStar Haven!

Twinkle twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are
If you want to cry or sigh
Don't forget to just drop by
If you ever stray afar
there is always Angelstar :)

Sunday, March 07, 2010

All Hell Breaks Loose in Two Days?

I really can't believe it, how things can just go haywire when one person goes on leave or fall sick on one day and when it's more than one day, take my case, two days, and ALL hell breaks loose.

That was what happened when I fell sick (unfortunately and unintentionally) last Monday.
I don't know what happened, I woke up, and I felt so tired and my whole body was aching. I felt like I was being weighed down on the bed and my head feels like it's spinning around.

I tried with every ounce of energy to pull myself out of bed (it was probably the first time that I woke up past seven) and I dragged my feet to the bathroom and took a quick shower.
I thought it was just the exhaustion over the weekend and that it was Monday blues and usually showers/cold baths help in getting over the feeling.

However, when I step out of the shower, I felt even worse and there was this feeling of hot and cold all over me and I just felt uncomfortable.
I felt weak and tired all over as well, and I had to sit down.
When I stood, I felt like sitting down.
When I sat down, I felt like lying down...you know, that kind of feeling?

I tried to get up and reach for my outfit to wear to the office, and that was when I felt my head spinning around.
I didn't want to admit that I was unwell because I didn't want to take sick leave, I just wanted to go to work.
It sounds crazy, I know but after a while, I really felt so unwell and weak, I could not even see myself leaving the room, let alone getting out of the house and driving to work.

I have to admit it there and then, that I am unfit to drive and go to work and I'd better lie down and get some rest.
It must have been one of those rare times where I was telling myself and feeling that I must go to the doctor!

I went to the doctor alright and I rested; I was practically asleep the whole day after the doctor put me on heavy medication; the drugs made me so drowsy and groggy that I could barely feel or hear anything and I slept through the day, that even both my phones by side which were ringing, I could not even hear.
I could barely lift my eyes open or my hand; I could say that this is the time where the saying "Dead as a log" describes me.

The funny thing is, I could even go back to sleep at night and all the way till morning. Typically when I take even the shortest nap in the afternoon, I will have trouble sleeping at night.
No exception cases; unless I am sick, like this.

The next morning, I woke up still feeling groggy and drowsy; and I decided not to take the medicine anymore.
I felt better but still slept a lot throughout the day. Needless to say, this calls for another day off from work.
I cannot help it, I need to have enforce some self-importance and priority this time.

Having fully rested for two days, I have returned to work on the Wednesday and that was when I heard that everything was in a chaos.
HQ had to handle a lot of inquiries during my absence and customers were rushing them.
Bosses had to stay back to approve the projects, etc.
I blinked, "What, so, this is my fault that I am sick?"

Everyone seems to be saying, "Oh, she's sick, so we've got to do this"
Even when I get calls, they're like, "Are you working today?" although they know fully well I have been back to work since Wednesday.

This is not the first time this has happened, and sometimes I wonder, how such disorganization can happen in a multi-national organization.

I have been sick before and worse things have happened, but I think I am still sick.
Sick to be staying here, and really sick of everything!

Angel