Welcome to AngelStar Haven!

Twinkle twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are
If you want to cry or sigh
Don't forget to just drop by
If you ever stray afar
there is always Angelstar :)

Monday, September 15, 2008

Malaysia Today

I was about to blog this morning about my experience on my flight aboard our local airlines but I had a quick peek at the Star online and I was shocked to see a few headlines; enough to grab my attention and wake me up after my sleep...

Anwar claims the numbers, PM says 'not'
PM in pow-wow with DPM

Are we talking about a new government?
Our PM has reassured the country that we should not listen to rumors and there is no reason to panic and that this is just another gimmick.
Whatever it is; let's just pray:)

Rumors aside - 916; or September 16th marks the commemorative day when Malaysia was formed with the joining of Sabah, Sarawak, and Singapore in 1963.

It has always been a question that Malaysia should celebrate on today instead of 31st August as this is truly the birth of Malaysia.
However, do not forget, we obtained our Independence mandate during that time from British and thus, 31st August is marked as the Independence of Tanah Melayu or Malaya at that time.

Perhaps we can consider 16th of September as the Birthday of Malaysia....haha, but will that incur another bunch of expenditure for another lavish celebration or parade after 31st August?
Hehe....but all the same, I wish Malaysia a very Happy Birthday today and let's take a moment to remember the hard times passed to achieve a final union of a beautiful country today!~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MALAYSIA!~

Angel