Welcome to AngelStar Haven!

Twinkle twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are
If you want to cry or sigh
Don't forget to just drop by
If you ever stray afar
there is always Angelstar :)

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Sad Farewell

This morning I woke up to this old familiar tune of the song I sung in primary school whenever there is a farewell ceremony for any teachers/headmasters leaving the school.
That time I was in the choir group and this was like a song regularly rehearsed for the special occasion.....
Relakan Kepergianku
Selamat Tinggal Sayang
Pertemuan Kita Sampai Di Sini
Ku harus bermohon diri

Betapa sedih rasanya
Kita kan berpisah
Namun ku doa pada Illahi
Semoga Berjumpa Lagi

Kemesraan kita rasakan
Masa Kita Bersama (bersama)
Air mata berlinang
Bila Dikenang kenang (kenang)
This song was so sad and I still remembered Puan Tan (our Choir master) who taught us to sing with emotions and she ended up getting a bunch of crying girls which amazingly also influenced the other students to cry along as well.
And that time, perhaps we were too young, somehow we didn't even care about the smudging of the make-up we had during the performance.
Another thing was, I always remembered the amazing harmony we had in our tunes (thanks to the great teacher) and we were well-trained in the different tones when we sing as a group; such as Alto, Soprano......and the blending of the pitch.....so nice :)

Usually after this song, it will be followed by this second song...with slightly shorter verses:
Selamat Tinggal Selamat Tinggal
Selamat Tinggal Selamat Tinggal
Tamat sudah khidmatmu
Guru kami yang disayangi
Selamat Tinggal Selamat Tinggal
Selamat Tinggal Selamat Tinggal

Those were the sweet memories from my choir days...I should probably get some of those pics, scan them and upload them somewhere.I really missed those times.....and the Relakan song is still in my head until now....

Angel