Welcome to AngelStar Haven!

Twinkle twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are
If you want to cry or sigh
Don't forget to just drop by
If you ever stray afar
there is always Angelstar :)

Monday, March 07, 2005

Kuehs

Yeah...I've been posting so much today...hehehe....probably becoz I wanted to share with you guys on the pictures I've taken..over the weekend and also some over the past week....besides, I'm blogging as well as doing my reports...so not exactly taking that much of a time....multitasking,yeah!;)
This pics are actually of kueh...a traditional kueh,"ang koo"...not sure of its English name...but for my own understanding, I'd call it the red glutinous rice cake.....below is the green version...it's actually pandan....and fresh from the market..courtesy of mom's purchase:)
**Oh ya...please forgive me for the blurry image below....bad picture:(

The green version of "ang koo"...or called the "cheh koo" in Hokkien which literally means green tortoise...haha....I dunno the exact name for it....but it's a traditional kueh and the outer part is made of glutinous rice...and it is usually filled with green bean paste...kinda sticky type of kueh but definitely a legacy among the kueh....most of the kids have tried it before....grew up with this kueh...for kids of my time and also our grandparents' time.Not too sure about kids these days....hehehe....guess they know more about pizzas and pancakes and burgers+fries than these traditional kueh

Angel