I had a great weekend back at home; a holiday weekend which I almost missed.
Yeah, how ironic, I kinda forgot about this holiday (smiles sheepishly)
I mean, how could anyone miss out a potentially long and continuous weekend like this one; starting from the Nuzul Al Quran state holiday on Friday (applicable for only a few states) and Independence Day on Tuesday, which means I only need to take a day off on Monday to make it all a long five-day break and I missed that!
I don't know how, don't ask me and if you are going to label me un-patriotic, then maybe yeah.
Thankfully I was knocked with some sense and I made it my holiday home; to visit my family and my mum who was not feeling so well.
I ended up spending quality time with loved ones and close friends which meant a lot to me and certainly cheered me up and lifted all my thoughts off my mind.
A quick recap of my long weekend; which started on Friday but I stayed back and only travelled on Saturday morning.
1. Met up with my guy best friend in 1U at Paddington and managed to capture the Hari Raya props 1U has set up in conjunction with the festive season
I love how they have created this whole traditional rumah kampung with paddy fields and the conservative (but realistic) atmosphere of the unity of the folks in the village.
It definitely did take a lot of effort to set this up, and it was a depiction of our Malaysian outskirts which is the pride of our nation.
2. Went for a short walk with Mum and Dad to the nearby Pasar Ramadhan (to post in my food blog shortly =)
3. Met up with my bestie and her boyfriend on our very first Double Date!!
We had totally no idea what to do so we just ate at Paddington's (again), this time at the Curve and chatted =P
4. Went for my dental check-up, not exactly a very pleasant one either =(
5. Unpacked and organized my room and all my clothes, bags and books
6. Watched the Merdeka day celebration on TV
(Yeah, I captured this directly from the TV, it's fun!)
7. Finished reading my current novel
8. Visited my uncle and aunt and had a lovely afternoon chatting with them, while enjoying Aunt's homemade Konnyaku jelly (which I totally forgot to take photos of!)
I LOVE Konnyaku jelly, they are just so cool and refreshing on a hot and sunny day.
Oh, and I met the latest family member, a cute little puppy named Max which I also forgot to take photo of! He was just so adorable =)
I enjoyed the quality chatting session; we talked about so many things and I really had fun!
Thanks Aunt for the lovely jelly, I missed them already!
That was pretty much the summary of what I did and enjoyed during this short break; slightly longer than the usual 3-day long weekend at least and then, it's back to work and reality!
I have MOVED to AngelstarChristy.com
8 months ago